Sunday, January 18, 2015

~Meme Box Review 2: My Cute Wishlist~


Welcome to my second review for Meme Box! In my previous post I did a review on their My Lovely Boutique box which had some pretty great things I've been using since school started back up again~ This next box I received is the My Cute Wishlist which promises to have many adorable doll related items! All the items for this box are supposed to be FULL SIZED since it's a super box! Let's see what we got...



These lil' doo-dads here are cheek patches by the Korean brand Tony Moly. The instructions that come with the box say these patches are soaked in "essence" which calms red dry cheeks and hydrates them! Seems like a good item for the winter especially, since my skin tends to get dry easily in the cold winter air >__< I haven't actually tried these out yet, they look pretty cute though! The doll pictures on the cheeks go with the doll theme for this Cute box, and I can imagine they were made to look a bit like those cartoon blush cheeks!


I also haven't tried this item yet either (I'm trying to work through the My Lovely Boutique items first!) It's Kissing Sugar lip scrub by Shara Shara. I mentioned in my previous post that it seems like Meme Box gives a lot of Shara Shara products. So far the product of theirs that I've used most frequently is the BB cream from the lovely box and it's not bad. More on that later! I opened the lip scrub and it smells really nice, I forgot to take a picture of it though, but in the future if I decide to do a proper review of all the items I haven't tried yet, I'll take lots of pics! The smell is reminiscent of brown sugar. The instructions said something about walnut shells in the scrub I believe? How natural!



This next item is Hope Girl tinted lip balm in Strawberry flavor. The packaging is alright, not really something that strikes me as cute or dolly though. When I think leopard print I think maybe more of a mature type, like a "sexy look" or something? Maybe it's because it reminds me of leopard print lingerie? Haha
Meme Box gives the Strawberry or Cherry! Glad I got Strawberry <3


It's quite a compact size too, about the size of those Carmex lip balms.


In the My Lovely Box review I mentioned how I don't really like the pot type balms and lip products because it requires dipping your finger into it all the time, which I don't really like. Of course some people have been able to get around this problem by carrying around those little lip application brushes that can either be washed or disposed of. But to me that just seems like extra work and extra buying for an ok lip product. The color looks cute and the smell is quite nice. It kind of reminds me of strawberry shortcake! I actually ended up giving this to one of my besties for her birthday yesterday >.< She said she likes it and could use it as a lip gloss or blush! Sweet!

Score: 3/5 since the smell is nice but it doesn't fit the theme and it requires dipping.


Speaking of full sized products, this one is huge! It takes up a large portion of this box! Haha. Another Shara Shara product for the face. It's called Fairy's Make-up Synergy Sun Screen. It says its a sunscreen as well as a primer to allow the skin to be protected and the makeup to glide on smoothly!


I can definitely see how this one goes with the cute doll theme ^__^


When I opened this one originally I thought it would be her whole body that contained the sun screen. But alas, it's only her bottom skirt half. This product I've actually been using quite regularly since there's been some nice winter sun out this past week :D And actually it's supposed to be good to wear some sort of sun protection regularly, even on cloudy or rainy days! The smell of this product is prominent, very flowery with a slight powdery scent. When I use it with the BB or CC creams it smells even better! But if you don't like smelling things on your face all day, this might not be the product for you.

Also I need to warn you, this stuff with definitely wash you out. The sun screen doesn't have any color and it doesn't soak into the skin like some other sun screens. The first time I tried it I made the mistake of putting a lot on like I usually do with the other sun screens. DO NOT PUT A LOT ON. I ended up looking like a scary ghost with grey eyebrows (don't put this on your eyebrows like I did). I washed it off quickly using the face wash down below! Hahaha. The pump on mine was being temperamental (it still doesn't work 3:) but I don't know about Meme Box return policies so I just unscrew it and put little dabs on my face and blend with my fingers. Once you master how much you need to put on it's pretty good! Primer wise, I'd say it keeps by oil control powder on throughout the day and helps the BB or CC cream go on more evenly.

All in all I'd say: 3/5 I'm mostly disappointed in how much product is actually given. When I couldn't work the pump I thought they'd given me one that had been used and returned. I was just wondering how in the world I would get all the sunscreen out of that tiny little thing. T__T


This here is Ddung Family Milky Foam Cleansing Cream. I alternate this face wash with my St. Ives apricot exfoliating face wash. I wash my face every morning and at night, and this is a good cleanser for when I don't feel like I need a deep cleaning. It's very creamy and smells fruity. I've tried a similar facial cleanser from a different Korean brand I can't remember. But I got it from H-Mart and they both seem almost exactly the same! Weird...I discovered that other facial wash is really good as a shaving cream! Haha but I think I'll stick to using this just as a face wash. It's one of those washes that gives a squeaky clean plastic feeling face afterwards! Doesn't seem to be drying or hydrating my skin in particular, it just has a clean feeling effect really.

Overall: 4/5 It fits with the cute dolly theme and has a nice pleasant scent. Other than the cute packaging there's nothing particularly special about this that sets it apart from other face washes in my opinion. Compared to both my regular and Korean face washing products, it does it's job adequately.

Last but not least is this Youngwoosa Oh! It's Lovely and Soft moisturizer. I like simple but cute cartoon decorated packages like this one ^__^ And I suppose the little pictures of the people count as doll figures? Hahaha >.< It has a sort of minty scent to it and I tried it on my face one time under my oil control powder. It seems to have average moisturizing effects. For some reason the first time I saw it I thought it was only a hand cream, but I guess you can use it anywhere you need to moisturize! I have no idea why I didn't snap a picture of the actual pot of cream but it looks similar to the illustrations of the outside packaging. And inside the cream is just a plain white cream. Like many Korean products there is a cover that protects the lotion underneath the lid of the pot as well, which is interesting. I keep it there but it isn't needed.


This one gets a 4/5 for trying to fit into the theme, average moisturizing properties, and again the whole having to dip into the pot every time to use it. I really must get over this dipping thing haha.

Oh look it's my growing make up collection! I never thought I would ever have a collection!
That's it for this post! Maybe another time I'll review some of the other products in my make up collection (haha that get's weirder to say every time!) And I can also do actual reviews for products that I mentioned in this post and the previous one that I haven't tried yet!

On a side note: I know my posting isn't as frequent as I wanted it to be, but I'm still pretty proud of myself for having more than two posts so far! Eeep! Keeping up with these 2015 goals so far makes me feel so good! And my school goals have been doing pretty well so far too! Yay!

Thanks for reading! Until next time!

XOXO Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment