Thursday, November 12, 2015

~Storenvy Store Review: MEI NU Store~

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I did a store review! Mostly because everything I've been ordering has been from Amazon and they've been beauty products lol. I haven't been ordering from Storenvy since my experience with Mountain Deer. But I recently discovered a few cute stores that I wanted to check out and they have a lot of buzz on Instagram and Tumblr so I thought I'd give it a go!

***HINT: If you want to skip my mini guide on how I shop and whatnot, just scroll to the part with the pictures! <3***

I don't have much background info on MEI NU store. All I know is that it's (now) a pop up shop type store that is only open the first week (7 days) of every month. This is due to the owner of the shop going to school and being busy in general. If you don't know what Storenvy is, it's basically a platform that allows independent brands and people to sell all their cool things! MEI NU has a few rules that are all easily accessible and understandable in the FAQ section that talks about shipping and stuff so make sure you look at that before buying! And under every description of a garment there is a notice talking about how MEI NU only accepts Paypal so if you don't have one it would be a good idea to sign up if you want to buy from here ^.^ Just a heads up!

I don't know if anyone has noticed by my style has changed quite a bit from the beginning of the year til now. Maybe I just notice it because I see myself everyday and know about what my personal style is haha. I use to prefer buying a TON of printed things (OK I still do) especially if it was a really cute print like a bunch of cats or popsicles and things. So those were the only types of things I would buy. As I continue to experiment with my style I've been noticing that buying print means I end up wearing a lot of double prints, which I used to think was the bomb! But now it's not really my jam and I'm aiming to wear more of my printed clothes (which I still love a lot) just with less printy things~ So when I looked at these new Storenvys like MEI NU, Bread N Butter, Milk and Sugar (is this a grocery list? LOLOL), etc. I saw cute but also simple clothing items. And I think they were really aiming for that kind of cute but minimal style at the same time thing, ya know? SO without further ado, here are the things I bought at MEI NU Storenvy.

Customer service: I follow Wendi, the girl (or one of the girls maybe?) that runs the MEI NU Storenvy, on Instagram and I almost bought a dress off her personal Instagram sale page (but it seemed to run small for me huhuhu T___T) and she was very nice and helpful on there so I thought I might try and buy something from her main shop since I didn't buy her dress hahaha. One of the first things I did was I scrolled through all the items and put the ones I liked in the cart without looking at size or price. This is my shopping process you guys lolol. I'm terrible.

THEN I go through all the things I put in there and click on each one and look at the measurements, size options, and sometimes even color options to see if they fit the bill! My measurements are:

Bust: 41 inches (over not under my bust)
Waist: 44 inches (widest)
Comfortable length: most things around 70 cm (unless I specifically want a crop top! I don't really like super long things)

But most of the time I'm looking at the bust and waist measurements since those are the areas I most often run into problems with. Especially in places that sell things that are One Size only. This usually occurs in places that sell items from overseas like from China, Japan, and Korea to name a few popular places.

Once I have the garments with comfy measurements (which usually ends up paring my cart down quite a bit anyways lol) I go through and check the prices of all the items and assure that they're reasonable. Here's my list to check to see if a garment is reasonable for me or not lol:

-How many things can I wear this with?: If it's above $15 I should be able to wear it with at least five different outfits with it($5 per outfit). If it's below $15 I can usually justify it if I can wear three outfits with it.
-Is it in a color scheme that goes well with some of the clothes I already own? If it's a jewel tone, for example, and most of the stuff in my closet is pastel (it's not, I have a jumble of colors and that's why I'm shopping so strictly now lol) then I probably can't justify the jewel tone unless I'm trying to redo my wardrobe.
-Is it unique?: If I've been having a hard time trying to find a particular style in regular stores like Forever 21 and H&M I like to look online~
-Can I buy this somewhere else or buy something similar for a better price? A lot of the times Storenvy stores stock some of the same things, so it's smart to browse around and check to see if another vendor is selling something for a cheaper price!
-Can I make this myself? This is a question I ask (and my family and sometimes friends ask as well) all the time and it can get frustrating because then I get to thinking if I really can make it and I pan out my supplies and consider the if making it would be cheaper etc. But it's also a good thing because it prevents me from buying so many things that I easily forget about later. I'm a joke lol.

Those are some of my main bits of criteria anyways lol.

I originally bought a graphic tee from an independent designer, tote bag, embroidered striped dress, and hot dog sweater from MEI NU but Wendi e-mailed me and told me the dress was out of stock so I could switch it for something else of the same price or get a full refund on it! That was actually SUPER nice and helpful of her since not all stores are willing to go out of their way to tell you that something is out of stock until you've received your packages and find out it's not there! So I ordered an embroidered skateboard shirt in black ^.^ Which was unfortunately sold out as well T__T haha~ So in total I just got the tote, graphic tee, and hot dog sweater!

My package finally arrived today! (Nov. 12) and I'm a super happy camper because I was initially a bit worried that the package had gotten lost somewhere after it was shipped from China. When I last checked the shipping service it's target destination was apparently the UK o.O I e-mailed Wendi about it and she said if it doesn't arrive by Nov. 14 (approx. 40 days after my order was shipped) I should e-mail her so I can get a refund for the items I didn't receive. Oh yes, an important thing to note: it's quite common to receive your order in separate packages even if you ordered them all at once because they are often from a bunch of different vendors! So I actually got my graphic tee a couple weeks after I ordered and the only things I had been waiting for were the hot dog sweater and tote!


The graphic tee came with a little card with care instructions which I thought was pretty cool ^.^ I got the Gildan tee in XL! You can choose between American Apparel or Gildan.

It's a pretty long shirt so I plan on tucking it into skirts and whatnot >.< haha

Sorry for not posting a full body pic of this shirt, I was too lazy to take more and this one is from my Instagram haha~

The Hot Dog sweatshirt and Tote bag came wrapped in plastic in a normal plastic parcel thingy :3

When I first rolled it out I was just so surprised at the length! Also, I only realized after taking this picture how it wasn't a good idea to take a picture of this on my bed...my comforter is almost the exact same color lol. Speaking of color, this is a nice blush pink, not neon and not overly washed out pastel, just right light pink!

Ooops forgot to rotate the pic haha~ The pictures look black only because of the lighting in this picture, but it really is a nice navy blue color. It is a bit darker than in the photos shown on the website. But I don't see that as a particularly good or bad thing necessarily!

The material of the bag is thick! As in stiff. It's a good size for everyday wear if you want to go shopping and need to bring your wallet, chapstick, phone, maybe a cardigan or something, and umbrella, and a snack? Those are my purse staples (OOOO REMINDING MYSELF: do a what's in my purse in the future? :D)

Nice little pocket, somewhat deep. I could put my phone in there nicely with my chapstick for easy access ^.^

There is actually quite a bit of room in this sweatshirt! I was surprised a bit because usually sweatshirts that are one size and supposedly have very little to no stretch, don't end up looking or feeling that great on me (anyone remember the Dog Dog turtleneck?! LOL)

It's actually pretty long as well! I wasn't expecting this sweater to be so roomy! :-D (also this was taken before bed so no makeup on! Just toner and then face lotion on top :3


TL;DR:
Customer service 10/10: One of the best I've had so far in terms of online shopping! Especially with shops that get their clothing from overseas. She would always respond within a day or less and she was always super helpful with trying to work out the issues with my order~ Thanks Wendi!

Fit 9/10: The Hot Dog Sweater listed online had the same measurements as the actual sweater! Super! I don't think you can buy this particular item on the web shop anymore because they're in their winter collection right now. From the items that I bought the measurements were correct, give or take a cm error.

Quality 7/10: Tbh for the price the clothes are semi- worth it. The graphic tee was definitely worth it, I love original art <3 The Hot Dog sweater is a nice quality, it fits me nicely, the colors are the same as online, and it's a good thickness for a sweatshirt.

Price 5/10: Buying overseas can get pricey at times, especially when there's shipping and things. I think the clothes and style of MEI NU are super cute and I want to wear them all, but they're a bit on the pricey-er side? Keep in mind that I'm a super cheap-o though ok because sometimes I don't eat if food is too expensive LOLOL. I mean, you're supporting an online business run by normal everyday people so I guess you kind of know where some of your money is going.

Shipping 8/10: Like I said, things ship separately often and it took a very long time for the rest of my order to get here. HOWEVER! All of this information is discussed on the "About" page of the website so it's always good to look on those pages to see how long it might take for your order to arrive. I knew what I was getting into when it said 2-4 weeks on the about page hahaha. So make sure you keep that in mind! Even though it took awhile I gave it 8 stars because it was all stated on that page and you probably shouldn't order if you're worried about delayed shipments or you're really impatient (like me lol) because those happen alllll the time xD Shipping is free internationally though so that's pretty awesome :3

Overall 7/10: Will I buy here again? There are some pretty cute things in their web shop right now but I think I'll hold off on purchasing more things from here for awhile. Partially because I'm too impatient to wait  again (LOL) and partially because the web shop is actually closed until next year right now! ^__^

I hope this review was helpful! Even though it was such a small order to do a review on hahaha >.< Please let me know if you have any other questions about this store! :3

xoxo Abby

2 comments:

  1. I love your online store reviews! They are so helpful. I would love to know- do you still wear these clothes regularly? I have this problem where I order clothes online and wear them once or twice and the forget about them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zahra!! Thank you soooo much for reading my blog!! :3 Glad you think they're helpful!! I'm happy to say that I do wear all of the clothes that I said fit me from these reviews! The hot dog sweatshirt is great for the fall and spring months since it's a long sleeve but it isn't too thick ^__^ and the tote bag is still in great condition! I still wear a lot of the clothes that I blogged about in previous reviews in other shops as well as long as I said they fit me well :^) I TOTALLY get what you mean by buying clothes and not wearing them though xD That's a problem I have too hahaha~ I'm trying to prevent that by sticking to mainly buying plain, simple clothing that I know I can match with at least three other outfits C: hope this helps! And thanks again for reading! <3

      Delete